HISTORY

1915

Chengzhi School was established in China, which is the precursor to the Tsinghua University High School.

1952

The junior high school division of Chengzhi School merged with the middle school division of The Affiliated School of Yenching University and became The Affiliated School of Tsinghua University.

1960

The Affiliated School of Tsinghua University was expanded into Tsinghua University High School with a newly established senior high school division. With both of its junior and senior division starting to enroll students from Beijing, TUHS became an integrated middle school.

2009

With the support of Tsinghua University, the Beijing Education Commission, and Haidian Education Commission, Tsinghua International School (THIS) was founded and granted a license to recruit students from foreign countries and Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao in 2009.

2016

Tsinghua International School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) since January 2016.

2020

Tsinghua International School Daoxiang Lake Campus was established in 2020 to help Haidian District to accelerate the globalization of education, expand the scale of international education, and build better international education services.

Interested in applying to Tsinghua International School? Contact Admissions